The scheme is in regard of the provision of incentives for hiring people who were registered as unemployed at the offices of the Public Employment Service on the 19th of April 2013 (with an exclusion of those who were hired between the 1st and 18th of April 2013, who must have been registered as unemployed up until the date of being hired). It does not include people who are under suspension of their employment in hotels and there is a pending obligation by the employer for reinstatement. The Scheme seeks to provide employment to the aforementioned individuals in the form of full-time activity.
Whom it concerns: Employers who belong to the Hotel, Food and Tourist Industry who:
a) Have not received any fundings in the past for the employment of the person they intend to recruit.
b) Hire unemployed people who are citizens of the Republic of Cyprus or any other EU member country, or have the exact same rights as those.
c) The hiring of the unemployed person must occur after the 1st of April 2013 up until the closing date of the invitation.
Note: For any hirings that occured from the 1st of April until the 19th of April 2013, the calculation for the 7 or 12 month period accordingly will be estimated on the 19th of April.
Volume and amount of funding:
• 40% of the wage costs of the employee, for eight months of employment, based on the employee being active for at least (12) twelve months, or
• 30% of the wage costs of the employee, for five months of employment, based on the employee being active for at least (7) seven months.
The following cannot be included in the scheme:
1. Enterprises/employers who will recruit people who are their major shareholders.
2. Self-employed (as employees/employed).
3. Enterprises/employers, who will recruit people with whom they are married to or they are first or second degree relatives by blood or marriage.