The European Hackathon: shaping youth ideas on the future of Europe project aims to broaden and strengthen youngsters’ civic engagement and participation in democratic processes, through their active participation in a training pathway that will have a student/youth-centred and action-oriented approach.
Toward the end of the project, the partners will organise “Eurothon”, a European 5-day training event with 24 young people from across Europe. The event will be an unconventional hackathon for networking, knowledge sharing, and inspiring moments, talking about the future of Europe, with debates on opportunities and threats, with the final aim to broaden and strengthen youngsters’ civic engagement and participation in democratic processes.
The main objectives of the project are to:
- a) enhance young people’s civic participation, providing them with the right information, tools and channels to make their voices heard by policy makers and relevant organisations and stand up as tomorrow’s change makers and new EU ambassadors;
- b) increase the social inclusion of young people base on European values, while promoting intercultural dialogue and acceptance of diversity and tolerance;
- c) strengthen young people’s sense of initiative to support their communities;
- d) promote equal learning, collaborative work, and self-learning through young people’s involvement in the EUROTHON training programme and event.
- Training Course on active citizenship.
- EUROTHON Online Area: an open space for young activists and generally young users, where all the resources produced will be uploaded and made available as OER.
- Toolkit for EU Ambassadors & Influencers: a set of good practices, golden rules and useful information for young people that want to take up the cause and undertake different forms of political activism and participation.
The project consortium is composed of 8 partners from 7 EU countries: Italy, Cyprus (Eurosuccess Consulting), Turkey, Spain, Greece, Romania, and Belgium.
Duration: 01/12/2020 – 30/11/2022
For more information, please visit the project’s website: www.eurothon4youth.eu