AWARE is an Erasmus+ VET project that aims to develop didactic approaches, methodologies, and curriculum content to develop cybersecurity awareness and competencies, as a priority for the VET sector. The transition to Education 4.0 also requires learning mechanisms that more closely mirror the future of work. These shifts in learning experiences must be accompanied by vetted innovative pedagogies—teaching principles and strategies that underpin learning. To foster this kind of thinking, VET system, through the AWARE, shifts from a process-based, to a problem-based approach to learning.
The target groups of the project are:
- Direct groups: VET teachers, VET learners
- Indirect groups: VET teachers, learners, SME representatives, BSOs, LSOs, policy experts and policy makers
AWARE’s main results are:
- AWARE Knowledge Base, tailor-made modular content, providing an overview of the context of cybersecurity and its current and future relevance, covering relevant topics regarding raising awareness for digitalization and cyber security among VET learners and teachers
- AWARE Masterclass, thoughtfully designed learning resource, introducing methods for safely navigating the digital world to both VET teachers and VET learners, in a user-friendly, captivating and easily understandable way, by using a teaching method of storytelling
- AWARE Self-assessment Kit “Cyber-Guardian”, an interactive online game, testing the cyber safety and awareness of VET teachers and learners, recognizing their behavioural patterns, and assessing the knowledge and skills gained through the Knowledge Base and the Masterclass.
The project consortium consists of partners from 8 countries, Cyprus (Eurosuccess Consulting), Slovenia (coordinator), Portugal, Netherlands, Slovakia, Greece, Italy and Germany.
Duration: 01/01/2022 – 31/12/2023
Visit the project website for more information: https://awareproject.eu/
Follow the project on social media: