This project aims at strengthening STEM skills for the blind in consortium countries and other European countries, through developing the necessary intellectual and tangible outputs for the visually impaired students, as well as their teachers, so as to motivate them create STEM based projects and improve technology and digital skills, while favouring opportunities for participation, social inclusion and interaction with their classmates.
The Consortium of this project has set the following objectives:
- Making accessible the education of STEM projects for Visually Impaired (VI) students
- Capacity building of teachers working on inclusion or special schools with Visually Impaired (VI) students in the application of STEM Projects with the use of 3D Printing.
- The design and support of the E-learning platform “STEM projects for the Visually Impaired students” and other educational material which will support teachers and students working in inclusion education with VI students.
Main Target Groups:
– Visually Impaired (VI) students (those who are blind or have low vision), aged 12-18 years old, attending in an inclusion school or a center specialized in visual impairments,
– Teachers, who want to cultivate their visually impaired students’ knowledge on STEM,
– Students, aged 12-18 years old, attending an inclusion school with VI classmates.
The project consortium is composed of 6 European partners from Cyprus (Eurosuccess Consulting), Greece, Portugal and Estonia.
Duration: 01.09.2020 – 31.10.2022
For more information, please visit the project’s website: www.insidestem.eu