The Scheme provides the opportunity to businesses to recruit unexperienced unemployed people, through funding. The subsidy covers a percentage of the salary costs of the employee and the trainer, as well as the cost of operating expenses of the training, for a period of four (4) months.
The main requirements are the following:
- Be long-term registered as unemployed (over 6 months).
- In case that employer has already employed the person, has to submit the application within maximum two (2) months from the date of his/her employment.
- Applications are accepted by university degree holders who are between 30 – 60 years old. For non-university degree holders, the age limit to apply is 60 years old.
- Minimum wage, which has to be provided to the employee is €1000 gross/month.
- In case that the unemployed has previous work experience relevant to the position for which he/she is intended in the business / organization, this should be not more than eight (8) months.
- The employer must not terminate any employee, who held the same position with the unemployed, for the last eight months from the date of his/her employment, as well as during the program.
- The employer is obliged to continue to employ the employee for at least two months after the end of the program, under the same working and financial conditions (without subsidy support).
- The project is DE MINIMIS
Maximum subsidy amount €1310/ month – €5240 total.