S.E.T Protocol – Towards a new era for the ticketing industry
Eurosuccess Consulting coordinates the project “EventApe S.E.T Protocol – an Autonomous Interoperable BlockChain system that aims to create transparent, secure and efficient smart ticketing contracts”, which is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Cyprus through the Research & Innovation Foundation. The project aims to bring to the forefront the notion of interoperability for BlockChain system, focusing upon the ticketing industry, by providing a transparent and secure marketplace environment for event attendees and organizers, while generating higher revenues for event stakeholders and establishing better connections with their fans.
Project duration: 01/04/2019 – 31/03/2021
About the project
The S.E.T Protocol project aims to create an open ticketing ecosystem where all parties in the ticketing supply chain can work together with more control, more internal operational transparency, and more security, using Blockchain technology. Through S.E.T Protocol, the partners will permanently regulate the complex global issue of scalping and secondary ticket market.
The objectives of the project
The project will address the following objectives:
- Disallow scalpers and opportunists to take advantage of the current – opaque system for sailing tickets.
- Ensure an easy & user-friendly experience for event attendees when purchasing tickets in fairer and lower prices.
- Allow individuals to resell their tickets anonymously in case that attendance is impossible
- Create a digital wallet to reduce checkout friction
- Integrate all possible business-related aspects to optimize money and time sequences for event organizers
Benefits for the Target Groups
The project will be addressed to the following target groups:
- Event Organizers & Creators: better control of ticket inventory, secure transactions, ability to set complex ticket rules, lower financial risks, higher revenues, insights to better understand their target audience.
- Event Attendees/Fans: easily locate and ban fake or duplicate tickets, release tickets in the marketplace if attendance is impossible, ban hidden transaction costs, perform secure transactions, receive special benefits from the organizers/creators.
- Artists, Sport Teams, and Managers
Recent Activities: 1st Dissemination Event
An online seminar about S.E.T Protocol was successfully held on Thursday, 30 July 2020. The seminar was designed for event professionals and event attendees, and aimed to receive feedback from both groups regarding the benefits of the business-related aspects of the software (for event organizers) and of user-friendly experiences (for event attendees).
The partner organizations presented the project and the consortium, and analyzed the features of the product, as well as the prototype. The event was hosted on Zoom online platform with more than 20 participants.
All presentations are available on the project’s website (https://setprotocol.eu/set-protocol-online-seminar/).
The partners are in the process of further developing and finalizing the product, which will be presented and tested during upcoming activities and events. Follow the project website (www.setprotocol.eu) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Set.protocol) for more updates!