The EcoOlives project aims firstly, to enhance the competitiveness of the EU olive farmers and olive oil producers through the development of the potential for production and promotion of organic olives and olive oil. Secondly, it aims to offer an innovative vocational training process to support the development of organic olive and olive oil production in the EU, integrating into a common curriculum all aspects of the development of organic farming, processing and production of olive oil.
The main objectives:
- Develop a thorough and interactive course in organic olives & olive oil (OO&OO) production and marketing.
- Enhance the development opportunities and boost the growth potential of EU olive farmers and olive oil producers by entering a market of OO&OO.
- Develop specific knowledge and competencies in the EU olive farmers and olive oil producers to produce and promote OO&OOs by providing transversal, multidisciplinary and tailor-made training on OO&OO production, pest control and promotion.
- Remind and develop awareness that the olives and olive groves are part of the cultural, historical and landscape heritage of the country.
- Encourage the application of organic farming and production approaches among new and existing olive farmers and olive oil producers.
- Promote wider use of organic olives and olive oil among EU customers.
- Learning model for the basis, structure and methodology of the Training course
- Online platform with Interactive repository and section with tests and exercises to support the process of learning, acquiring new skills and enhancing competences
- Manual for Trainers
- Guidebook for certification of organic olive and olive oil with a special section “Utilize the potential of the olive groves”
- EcoOlives website and platform with the sections: information, partners, output, virtual classroom, Interactive repository, project associate partners, feedback
The project consortium is composed of 6 partners from 6 EU countries: Germany, Cyprus (Eurosuccess Consulting), Italy, Portugal, Bulgaria, Spain.
Duration: 01/01/2022 – 31/05/2024
Visit the project website for more information: https://ecoolives.eu/