The project ECOLIVE – Training for the Production of Organic Olive Oil is an Erasmus + project, which recognizes that often, farmers lack the necessary knowledge and support to turn in organic farming or convert conventional olive groves to organic.
Therefore, the project aims at offering training to members of Agricultural cooperative and executives of production companies, and they will in turn train farmers in the following fields:
Preparation and management of the olive grove’s soil and the maintenance and improvement of soil fertility
- Organic fertilization of the olive grove
- Plant protection of the olive grove
- Harvest and transport techniques
- The production of olive oil with natural methods at a suitable temperature without the use of chemical solvents
- The packaging, maintenance and transportation of organic olive oil
- The labeling of organic olive oil
- The exporting of organic olive oil
Eurosuccess is one of the six partners of the project, coming from Cyprus, Greece, Italy and Turkey, countries in the Mediterranean and around it, who will benefit directly from the project.
Duration: 01/09/2015 – 01/09/2018
For more information please visit the project website: http://organicolive.eu/index.php/en/