The Upcycling project is an Erasmus+ project that aims to introduce primary and secondary schools to the idea of the idea of repurposing and reusing waste in a creative way to improve the environment, by giving them a second life. At the same time, the project intends to cultivate skills ranging from problem solving and creativity to the sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, by promoting an interdisciplinary approach to teaching.
The main objectives of the project are to:
- Raise schoolchildren’s awareness of environmental challenges and climate change.
- Develop innovative practices for pupils to become agents of change in using fewer resources, reducing waste use, and offsetting carbon footprint emissions.
- Develop the sustainability competences of school teachers and staff.
- Promote interdisciplinary teaching and the STEAM teaching approach.
- Increase sense of initiative and entrepreneurship in school children, by turning ideas into action.
- Foster innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship in different fields of education.
- Primary and secondary schools
- School teachers
- Environmental associations
- Primary and secondary students
- City councils and municipalities
- Policy makers in the field of education and environment
Results and Activities:
- Theoretical background and scientific basis for the development of the framework of the blended course
- A blended course for educators about the importance of upcycling with practical ideas on how to implement this in the classroom
- Guide and podcasts
The project consortium consists of 8 partners from 7 European countries: Iceland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Netherlands, Cyprus, and Poland.
Duration: 01/02/2022 – 31/07/2024
Visit the project website for more information: https://upcyclingeducation.eu/en
Follow the project on social media: