This scheme aims to encourage investment in new and existing companies in the Wine sector. It concerns the provision of support for tangible or intangible investments in processing facilities and winery infrastructure, as well as in marketing structures and tools. These investments are aimed at improving the overall performance of the company and adapting it to market requirements, as well as increasing its competitiveness.
The eligible applicants are:
Companies that produce and / or exclusively market the products partners produce and fall into the following categories:
• Category A: Very small, small and medium-sized enterprises which belong to the SME category.
• Category B: Businesses which employ less than 750 employees or with annual turnover below 200 million euros.
• Category C: Businesses which employ more than 750 employees or an annual turnover of over 200 million euros.
Eligible actions relate to all aspects of creating and managing a winery and all relevant activities and are divided into:
• Construction or acquisition of the Winery
• Purchase or lease of NEW equipment and other machinery
• General expenses, such as architects, engineers and experts, costs for the elaboration of studies etc.
• Costs of developing new methods, processes and technologies.
The Scheme is fully funded by the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund under the National Wine Sector Support Program. The beneficiaries of the project are both the existing and the new wineries. The amount of aid ranges from 15% to 40% depending on the size of the business.