The WinEra Erasmus+ project aims to enhance the competitiveness of the European wineries through the development of their potential for production and promotion of organic and biodynamic wines. Through an innovative vocational training process, the project will support organic viticulture in Europe, integrating into a common curriculum all aspects concerning the development of organic viticulture (farming techniques, production methods, marketing, communication, ethics & corporate social responsibility).
The main objectives of the project are to:
- enhance the development opportunities and boost the growth potential of EU wineries by entering a market of organic and biodynamic wines;
- develop specific knowledge and competences in the EU wineries to produce and promote organic and bio-dynamic wines;
- provide transversal, multidisciplinary and tailor-made training on organic & bio-dynamic wine production and promotion in response to the specific needs of the wineries;
- remind & develop awareness that the wine is part of the cultural, gastronomic and landscape heritage of the country;
- increase the support provided to the farmers and wine makers to enter the market of organic wine;
- encourage the application of organic farming and production approaches among grape-producers & vineyards' farmers;
- promote use of sustainable agricultural farming and wine production methods among EU farmers & wineries;
- promote wider use of organic and bio-dynamic wines among EU customers.
The outputs of the project are:
1. WinEra Learning Model
2. WinEra Training course
3. WinEra Manual for trainers
4. WinEra e-learning platform with Interactive repository section
5. WinEra Guidebook on certification of organic & biodynamic wine
The project partnership consists of organisations from six European countries: France (CDE Petra Patrimonia - Project Coordinator), Cyprus (Eurosuccess Consulting), Bulgaria (DAKOM), Italy (GAL Molise), Spain (Universidad de Salamanca) and Croatia (Udruga- Associazione ''Agroturist'' Vodnjan - Dignano).
Duration: 01/11/2018 – 30/04/2021
For more information please visit the project website: www.winera-project.eu