Eurosuccess Consulting participates in the PRS20 project, which aims to assess the needs of inmates and ex-prisoners based on the implementation of the existing and new instruments, as well as the design of tailor-made interventions in order to reduce drug use in prisons and address new threats.
Through the action, the partners will provide therapeutic and harm reduction programs for those in treatment that either need continuation or could enter a new phase in treatment while in prison.
The main objectives and outcomes of the project are to:
- Identify the needs of inmates through questionnaires: through the identification of the inmates needs with the implementation of existing and new instruments, the action will address the current challenges more effectively.
- Identify the needs of ex-inmates: through the identification of the ex-inmates needs with the implementation of a specific questionnaire and interviews, the action will address the current challenges more effectively in regards to their social reintegration.
- Improve and enhance existing treatment programs for inmates and ex-inmates: based on the results of the mapping of the inmates and ex-inmates’ needs, the action will propose improvement measures and design new programs for the reduction of drug use.
- Empower professionals to support the drug users in prison and ex-inmates: through the involvement of professionals in the project activities and specifically in the development and evaluation of a Manual with intervention programmes.
- Enhance the capacity of relevant organisations, stakeholders and professionals to address the issue of drug use for inmates and ex-inmates: throughout the action’s lifetime the partners will promote the activities and results to relevant organisations and stakeholders at national and European level.
The PRS20 project partnership is comprised of 9 organizations from 5 different EU countries:
- Cyprus (Cyprus National Addictions Authority – COORDINATOR, Eurosuccess Consulting, Prisoners Rights Protection, Cyprus Prisons Department).
- Belgium (Sciensano, HOGENT University of Applied Sciences).
- Greece (University Mental Health, Neurosciences and Precision Medicine Research Institute ‘Costas Stefanis’-).
- Lithuania (Drug, Tobacco and Alcohol Control Department).
- Luxemburg (Point Focal Luxembourgeois de l’OEDT, service épidémiologie et statistique, Direction de la santé).
Duration: 01/01/2021 - 31/12/2022