Stand by Me - Social-Ecological approaches for care-leavers inclusion through participatory policymaking project, aims to bring together all target groups into a collective participatory decision making process for the development of a Working Protocol shaping enabling pathways for children ageing out of alternative care.
With the term alternative care, we refer to all the forms of formal care provided to children and youngsters separated from their parents, aimed at ensures children’s interim safety.
The main objectives of the project are:
1. Enhancement of efficacy and efficiency of leaving care mechanisms and procedures, by involving targeted young care-leavers in their design,
2. Improvement of the capacities of professionals to support care leavers,
3. Improvement of effectiveness of leaving care mechanisms at a local and European level.
Main Outputs of the project:
1. A participatory research and mutual learning that will involve care leavers, professionals and policy makers in designing a Draft Working Protocol and the Guideline on Leaving Care,
2. Training for professionals that will improve professionals’ skills and will empower young care leavers,
Institutional capacity building that will strengthen capacities of public authorities, while promoting the endorsement of the Working Protocol.
The project consortium is composed by six specialized partners from four European countries (Italy, Cyprus, Sweden and Romania).
Duration: 01/09/2018 - 31/10/2020
For more information please visit the project website https://codiciricerche.github.io/standbymegame/