The New skills and competences to address skills gaps and mismatch within the sectors working with Gang and Youth Crime across Europe - EUGANGS project aims to redress current skills mismatch and omissions; to provide a study program and qualification for workers who are affected by gangs and gang crime.
- Produce current and appropriate work profiles for those working with gangs and the impact of gang crime in communities across Europe.
- Identify appropriate learning outcomes for these job roles.
- Identify in each partner country the sectors, organizations and job roles for those who work within gang crime and its impact (police, probation, youth work, health and social services, education and communities).
- Identify through research in each partner country the knowledge and skills that are required to develop the capacity of the workforce and ensure more successful engagement with gangs and gang members, in order to reduce gang crime in the future.
- Identify common learning outcomes agreed at European level.
- Develop a new and innovative VET programme for those already working in, and new to, this field.
In EUGANGS project, along with Eurosuccess, partners from England, Greece, Romania, Italy and Cyprus are being involved.
Duration: 01/10/2013 - 30/09/2016
For more information please visit the project website: www.eugangs.eu