The Scheme aims to provide incentives for hiring people who are:
– Registered as unemployed at the offices of the Public Employment Service.
– Aged under 25 by the closing date of the application.
– Holders of a certificate of Secondary Education or Technical School or post-Secondary Education of up to two years in duration. Higher Education graduates of a duration of at least three years are not eligible for the Scheme.
– It excludes people with work experience of a total of more than twelve (12) months.
– It excludes people who attended the program for a period more than three months under the same Scheme that was implemented in 2014.
– Are citizens of the Republic of Cyprus or of any other European Economic Area member country or any others who enjoy the same benefits as those, who legally reside within areas that are under the jurisdiction of the Republic of Cyprus and can freely engage the labour market.
Eligibility Criteria for enterprises/organizations:
– They operate in areas controlled by the Republic of Cyprus and are registered in the records of Social Insurance, as employers or self-employed
– They acquire an appropriate mentor who will provide guidace and oversight of the employee.
– They do not occupy illegal/unregistered workers.
– The enterprise/organization must provide occupation to the individual for at least 25 hours per week.
– They have not made any reductions in the the number of employees in the positions which are intended to be occupied by the unemployed after the 3rd of April 2015. It is noted that expections apply in the cases of voluntary retirement, retirement due to age restrictions and dismissals over misconducts.
– The vacant positions will not hold any dangerous actions.
– In these positions individuals will not be allowed if they are the main shareholders, owners, or directors of the enterprise/organization, their spouses, or any other relatives by blood or marriage with a first or second degree relation.
– The offices or other premises from which the business activities are conducted are not based within the residence.
– No administrative sanctions are applied by the HDA, which might affect participation in the Scheme.
Who is concerned: Enterprises/organizations of Government and semi-Public Sectors, Municipalities, private companies and non-profit organizations.
Amount of Funding: €125 per week & contribution to the Social Insurance Fund and the Social Cohesion Fund, according to the provisions of the relevant legislation, for a period of 6 months.
Applications period:15/06/2015 – 18/09/2015