The European project The Art of Theatron as a Second Chance – ATTACH, is approved under the Erasmus+ programme and aims to engage inmates in the process of becoming familiarized with the performing arts and to positively affect their psyche and behavior. Scientific research has proved that fine arts can be influential in molding human development. This programme will introduce the inmates to the art of theatre and therefore empower them in issues concerning their self-worth and confidence, self-expression and exploration, self-development and social skills.
The project will have the following desired results:
- The participating inmates will uncover a hidden sensitive self, one that had to be suppressed in order to survive in the environment of the prison.
- Relief from the “dead time” which only creates negative feelings, thoughts, and behavior.
- Introduction and training of inmates to the technology lessons of using the web platform.
For the successful production of the above desired results, the project will focus on the implementation of the following activities by motivating inmates and experts to:
- Participate in theatre through structured activities.
- Help them overcome the obstacles created by their incarceration.
- Promote the improvement of computer skills for all of the project participants.
- To share and expand theatre teaching practices to other EU organizations.
The expected and envisaged impact is to develop a conscientious way of thinking for dealing with daily tasks and situations and to finding solutions for overcoming obstacles.
Organizations taking part in this project come from Cyprus, Greece, Italy and France.
Duration: 01/05/2021 – 31/10/2023