The DiG-Equal project is an Erasmus+ project that aims to bridge the gap between digitally excluded adults and e-government services, by reflecting on everyday scenarios that adults face and finding ways to overcome the barriers. The project will focus on building the pedagogical competencies for adult education providers to tackle the second and third levels of digital divide.
The main objectives of the project are to:
- Define the main skills and expectations necessary for e-government interaction by adults, by determining everyday scenarios together with the target group.
- Developing a training course on the different aspects of e-government services to strengthen the skills of adult educators and low-skilled adults
- Create a quest-based interactive web app for adults to select and understand everyday situations and compare ‘how life with or without e-government is’ in the form of a game.
- Adult educators with little knowledge on e-government services
- Adults who suffer from digital exclusion
- Adults with difficult socio-economic background (loneliness, women, low wage)
- Educational stuff working on adult training and inclusion
- Educational centers and other organizations involved in the field of adult support
Results and Activities:
- A framework of competencies for adult educators to engage low-skilled adults
- A training course for adult educators and adults
- A quest-based gamified web app to facilitate adults in their understanding of everyday situations focusing on ‘life with or without e-government’
The project consortium consists of 6 partners from 6 European countries: Cyprus, Spain, Greece, Germany, Portugal, and Italy.
Duration: 01/02/2022 – 31/01/2024
Visit the project website for more information: https://www.digequal.com/
Follow the project on social media: